Asus setup page via Router.asus.com for Asus RT-AC5300 router
Asus has this super easy web address router.asus.com for accessing the setup admin page of their Asus wireless routes. This admin login page leads to almost all of the basic as well as advanced level configuration on the router. This web link of router.asus.com has replaced the usage of the default IP 192.168.0.1 login method. Asus brand has been taking the networking technology to a whole new level day by day.
They have some of the best wireless networking devices in their name like Asus RT-AC5300 router that have 8 detachable antennas with dual frequency bands and dual USB ports. This Asus RT-AC5300 router delivers speed of 5300 MBPS and provides a lag and buffer free High definition media serving experience. Besides manufacturing the networking hardware, Asus also has been producing computing devices like desktop and laptop computers etc. The users are required to go through the Asus wireless router setup so that it can be used in the networking jobs.
There is a specific customized web address for accessing and configuring the wireless routers from Asus. This custom web link of router.asus.com can be used for accessing and setting up the Asus wireless router.
Setting up the Asus wireless router for networking
(Asus RT-AC5300 router)
The Asus wireless routers are very easy and quick to be configured for the networking and internet services. The users are advised to log in to their networking device through the web address of router.asus.com and then authorize the login with a username and password. Follow the below mentioned steps to configure your Asus wireless router with the required settings.
- Before moving on to the configuration part of the Asus wireless router, let us show you what you need to do with the hardware part.
- Connect the modem device to the Internet port of the router with the help of an Ethernet cable. Now, connect your computer device to the LAN port of the router with another Ethernet cable and switch on the power supply.
- It is also assumed that the DSL cable line is inserted into the modem device and the modem device is stable already.
- Now, open the computer system that is connected to the router and enter the web address of www.router.asus.com in the URL bar.
- Enter the default username and password required for the access. The default values for both the credentials are “admin”.
- Now, select the WAN settings tab and then select the connection type from the drop-down list of connection types.
- Fill in all the required details like the DSL provided username and password for internet service setup on the router.
- Click save and apply changes button at the end of the setup process. Now, the user will be required.
If there are any of the pending tasks to be done, go through the pending processes of the router setup and complete the setup part by following the instructions on the screen.
How To Asus Router security update
Asus has been a providing the tremendous range of wireless routers and other networking devices. All of this networking hardware is built with the utmost quality and material. The hardware and software of this Asus wireless networking device are quite reliable in its working, but still odd cases, the users have to face a lag or some other kind of issues with their Asus routers.
All these issues have a very reliable and quick procedure to overcome. The Asus security update or in simpler words, the Asus wireless router’s firmware update is a very crucial step in making the device more efficient.
Follow the steps mentioned below to get your Asus wireless router updated with the latest software.
- First of all, what you need to do is just download the software update file of your Asus wireless router from the Asus downloads section by visiting the www.asus.com.
- Now, open the web browser again and enter the web link of www.router.asus.com in the address bar of the browser and authenticate with the username and password.
- Once you have gained the access into the router setup page of the Asus wireless router, select the ADVANCED button in the left menu pane and then select the Administration tab.
- Select the router firmware tab and then click the update button beside it.
- You will be required to browse and select the software update file downloaded from the Asus official site.
- Select and open the update file and the update installation process will be started itself. The firmware update task will be completed in a few minutes of time.
- You are ready to use your updated version of the Asus firmware.
How can I check if the firmware has been updated or not?
The most convenient method of knowing about the firmware version of your Asus wireless router is to check the firmware version at the top right corner of the Asus web interface window.
Just click at the check firmware tab at the top right corner of the web interface window and the firmware version will be displayed.
Asus wireless router password reset
The Asus wireless login password can be changed once it has been accessed and configured through the default login password and username. The users are required to access the setup web page of the router through router.asus.com and carry on.
Below is the step by step guide for getting the router login password reset done
Open the updated and compatible web browser on your computer system and enter the web address www.router.asus.com and enter the login username and password.
- The Asus wireless router password can be reset basically by resetting the whole router device. The router reset will erase the whole settings including the username and password etc. from its memory and you will be required to set up the details again.
- Upon accessing the setup admin page of the Asus wireless router; you will be required to click the Advanced>Administration tab in the left menu pane of the router web interface.
- Once you have clicked the administration tab, select the Restore tab from the top menu pane of the router setup interface.
- Upon clicking the Restore tab, all the settings written on the memory of the router will get erased within a second. This router hardware will get a reboot also.
- Now access the router setup page with the web address router.asus.com again and enter the configuration window through the default username and password of “admin”.
- Go to the wireless security tab and change the password by entering the old password once and the new password twice.
- Save changes and reboot your Asus wireless router.
Just make sure that the reboot is done properly and there is no hindrance in the reboot process takes place as it can lead to the firmware corruption of the router and even the router can get useless.
Asus router reset
Although Asus manufactures the best wireless as well as a wired range of networking devices like routers and modems etc. but still in some inevitable circumstances, the user is required to perform the reset on their Asus devices. Here is how you can reset your router. The Asus wireless router can be reset through one of the two below mentioned methods.
- Router reset through the reset button
- Asus router reset through the web-based interface (router.asus.com)
Reset through the reset button
The Asus wireless router can be easily reset through this reset button provided on the router’s body frame. The user just needs to push this reset button with the help of pinpointed or sharply pointed object like a paper pin and a paper clip etc. The reset button is actually given deep inside a pinhole on the router’s body.
Push and hold the reset button for at least a few seconds till your router’s lights go off and it takes a power cycle. This reboot at the end indicates that your router has been reset to its original factory settings and the firmware of the router has been restored to its original factory version.
HP Wireless printer setup with the Asus wireless router
The HP wireless printers can be easily be connected with the Asus wireless routers for the easy and, quick and wire-free printing experience.
- The users just need to connect their HP printer device to the USB port of their wireless router.
- The HP printer software and drivers should be preinstalled on the computer system and the control utility center also needs to be installed on the computer device.
- Once this HP control utility software widget is installed on your computer system, it will get all the printer utilities on the computer system.
- Now, if you want to take a printout wirelessly through the wireless printer, just write a print command on the corresponding file with Ctrl + P key or simply select the print tab in the menu pane of the file window.
- You will be asked to select your printer through which you need to get a file printed.
- Users can also get their documents scanned if their printer supports the scanner hardware. Just click on the trigger scan in the dialog box of the Printer control utility center.
What is my router’s default IP address and where can I find it?
The default IP address for most of the Asus wireless router’s is 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1. The users can find their IP address of routers easily from the label pasted underneath the router body.
If that brand label is somehow not in place, you can easily get your router device’s IP address by launching a command “IPCONFIG” in the command prompt tool in the accessories section of windows.