Netgear router setup to Install the Netgear Nighthawk AX6000 router in Bridge mode:
The Netgear router setup in bridge mode lets the device users to connect your Netgear Nighthawk AX6000 12 stream router to multiple wireless devices at a faster 802.11ac speed.
To setup the Netgear router in bridge mode, you make use of two Wi-Fi routers; where one of the routers would be setup to function as wireless router and the other would be set up in a bridge mode. So here, we are guiding you to set up Netgear Nighthawk AX6000 12 stream router in bridge method.
With Netgear Nighthawk AX6000 12 stream router/ Netgear router setup in bridge mode you experience following advantages:
- The Gigabit Wi-Fi speeds are available on currently connected devices even they do not support that gigabit Wi-Fi speed.
- These faster Wi-Fi speeds prove good for video streaming, and gaming by positioning the Netgear Nighthawk AX6000 12 stream router close to the gaming device.
- The Netgear router setup in bridge mode lets you connect multiple devices at gigabit Wi-Fi speeds to the Netgear Nighthawk AX6000 12 stream router in bridge mode using only a Wi-Fi link.
- Lastly, It limits any requirement for separate Wi-Fi adapters to be used for each connected device to the Netgear Nighthawk AX6000 12 stream router.
Steps to Netgear router setup- setting up Netgear Nighthawk AX6000 12 stream routers in Bridge Mode: using routerlogin.net
Make sure that router being connected to Netgear Nighthawk AX6000 12 stream router is working efficiently and will be able to connect wireless devices after netgear router setup.
Before you begin, you must have the following information:
- Wireless network name/SSID,
- Wireless security mode,
- Wireless network password,
- Operating frequency wireless network band (either 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz)
These details can be found in the manual of the both the routers as well as printed on each if its label. To be able to setup the Netgear Nighthawk AX6000 12 stream router in bridge mode, you must have an access to its web interface or Basic home setup page, which is possible through routerlogin.net using default router login information as explained:-
- Open a web browser on connected computer.
- Log in to the Netgear Nighthawk AX6000 12 stream router that has to be set up in bridge mode using routerlogin.net.
- Access the Advanced tab to select the Wireless Settings.
- Select use other operating mode option and Enable Bridge mode.
- Click on theSetup bridge mode wireless settings.
- Allow router configuration by choosing the wireless network frequency of the other router you are connecting to.
- Also, Type the wireless network name (SSID) of the other Netgear router you are trying connecting to.
- Choose the wireless security mode of the router.
- Type the default passphrase of the Netgear router you that you noted above.
- Apply the settings on the Wireless Settings screen.
The Netgear Nighthawk AX6000 12 stream router setup completes in bridge mode and it will then reboot and connect to the other router within next few minutes.